- Users of this service comply with applicable legal requirements, including those of the Federal Republic of Germany (where the server hardware is located).
- Addresses specified in
Sender:must be valid and at the user's disposal. The top level domain (TLD)
invalidmay be used for the
email@example.com. See also RFC2606.
- Excessive multiple posting of substantially identical messages (spam) is forbidden.
- All actions likely to interfere with regular server operation are forbidden.
- Users are personally responsible for articles posted through their account.
- After six month of inactivity accounts are automatically removed.
Violation of these terms may result in immediate account revocation.
Server operators further reserve the right to suspend any account at any time, without indication of reasons.
Additionally there are some technical limitations:
- Posting binary data (photos, pictures, animations, video clips, audio files, compiled programs, etc.) is possible only in designated groups.
- Article size cannot exceed 1000 kB.
- HTML postings are possible only in designated groups.
- Control: newgroup and Control: rmgroup require special permission.
- The header Approved: requires special permission.
- Some hierarchies or groups don't allow crossposts without Followup-To: to a single group.
See the FAQ for details.
Written by Sabine Schulz & Alexander Bartolich, 2007-04-10.